Tekonsha Plug-In Wiring Adapter – $19.99
Related tags: Tekonsha Brake Controller
Install your electric brake controller quickly and easily with this custom wiring adapter. Simply plug one end of the adapter into your brake controller and then plug the other end into the built-in harness beneath your vehicle’s dash.
- Wiring adapter eases installation of your electric brake controller
- Custom connector end plugs into the built-in port beneath the dash of your vehicle
- Other end plugs into the back of your electric brake controller
- Compatible time-delayed brake controllers: Draw-Tite Activator I (5100), Draw-Tite Activator II (5500), Draw-Tite Activator III (5520) and Tekonsha PowerTrac (39523)
- Compatible proportional brake controllers: Tekonsha Prodigy (90185), Tekonsha P2 (90885), Tekonsha P3 (90195), Tekonsha Primus IQ (TK90160) and Tekonsha Voyager (39510)
- Limited 1-year warranty
For most applications, the factory plug is located beneath the dash, near the center console. If you have a Ford full-size van, the harness is underneath and to the left of the steering column. The Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer have 6-pin connectors behind the glove box on the passenger’s side.
To install your electric brake controller you need to connect the wiring of the controller to your vehicle. Certain manufacturers offer pre-wired options, typically known as tow packages, wherein these wires are run for you from the dash to the trailer connector on the back of your vehicle. Often, a brake controller wiring harness is included with your tow package. This harness plugs into a port beneath your dash and connects to the four wires of the brake controller. If, however, you have a brake controller with a plug in place of the four loose wires, you can use the Tekonsha adapter.
This adapter requires no hardwiring. It is designed to plug directly into your electric brake controller for the simplest installation possible. Because there are no wires to connect, installation is not permanent. You can unplug and remove your brake controller at any time and securely stow it away.
Additional Details: Please include your complete vehicle information and phone number in the "Notes/Special Instructions" box above. Thank You!