Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller – Proportional – $119.99
Related tags: Tekonsha Brake Controller
The super sleek and modern design of the Prodigy stands out among all brake controllers. Tekonsha has made installing and using this brake controller simple and easy. You get high performance for a low price!
Tekonsha introduces PRODIGY one of the most advanced and intelligent approaches to trailer brake controls. PRODIGY requiring no manual leveling, is a technological breakthrough among inertia-activated brake controls. Equipped with a self-adjusting sensing device similar to the one used in guided-missile technology to allow for easy, flexible installation – from nearly horizontal to nearly vertical – the Tekonsha PRODIGY constantly adjusts itself to the position of the tow vehicle.
- Applies power to the trailer brakes in proportion to vehicle’s deceleration.
- No level adjustment necessary – it adjusts itself to varying terrain as you drive.
- Works proportionally in reverse – great for backing into tough spots.
- Digital display depicts voltage delivery to trailer during braking.
- Continual diagnostics check for proper connection, shorted magnet condition and much more.
- “Boost” feature gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking power when towing heavier trailers.
- Power-saving mode reduces drain on battery when vehicle is not in use.
- Unique pocket mount allows for flexible mounting options.
- The Prodigy, along with the Tekonsha Primus, offers a replacement pocket and wiring harness (sold separately) to move the controller easily from one vehicle to another
- Quick and easy disconnect feature allows user to remove and store the control when not in use.
- Rotary manual brake adjustment lever
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 3-1/8″ (W) x 5-1/8″ (L) x 1-3/16″ (H)
- Made for up to four-axle trailer brake systems (8 Brakes)
- Can be mounted between 0 degrees (level) and 70 degrees
- Boost levels increase power up 0%, 13% and 25%
- Power saving sleep mode draws 3.6 milliamp
- Included pigtail wiring harness measures about 34″ long
- Version 2.6
Required: For vehicles without brake control adapters.
20 amp. Circuit Breaker (9506P) for 2-4 Brake applications
30 amp. Circuit Breaker (38630) for 6-8 Brake applications
Additional Details: Please include your complete vehicle information and phone number in the "Notes/Special Instructions" box above. Thank You!